LIFT, the Detroit-based national manufacturing innovation institute, has announced its 2023 LEAP (LIFT Ecosystem Accelerator Program) Project Call and is accepting submissions through August 21, 2023.
The project call is designed to solicit exciting new project ideas from LIFT members connecting materials, processes and systems, and bring them to completion on a shorter timeline.
Project submissions can be made by filling out the LEAP Project Submission form here.
Project ideas should align with LIFT’s main technology pillars with focus in areas of:
- High Throughput Alloy Synthesis And Test: Automated Metallography and Analysis; Chemical Analysis
- Hypersonic Performance Testing: Hot Structure; Aerothermodynamics
- Virtual Representation Of Materials In Extreme Environments: Crack Growth In Homogenous Materials; Gun-barrel Interactions; Ballistic Impact; Hypersonics
- Digital Augmentation Of Manufacturing Processes: In-situ Monitoring; Process Modeling (DCS, Atomizing)
- High Temperature Materials: MMCs, Ceramics, CMCs & Metallics; ICME For Ceramics and CMCs (Chemistry, Process, Structure, Performance); Joining; Cost Effective, Scalable, Refractory Metal Processing (Hydride – Dehydride Alloying)
- Design Of Materials: Design For Materials Recovery; Critical Element Reclamation; Displacement/Replacement Of Critical Materials; Battlefield Foraged Material Re-use