Manufacturing USA institutes are unique public-private partnerships focused on different critical advanced manufacturing technology areas to accelerate technology commercialization and workforce development. Institutes convene partners to work together on these complex technology and workforce projects. They are sponsored by the U.S. Departments of Commerce, Defense, or Energy and jointly funded by states and private industry.
As the Manufacturing USA network grows, it elevates opportunities in regions across the country.
- A network of large, medium and small manufacturers; engineering firms, nonprofits, academic institutions; and local state and federal government partners
- Shared R&D and intellectual property
- Access to advanced manufacturing equipment and facilities
- Collaboration and networking
- Workforce development and training
"Working with LIFT to experiment and conduct R&D without relocating people or stopping production has allowed us to 'try before buy.'"
Which institute(s) is right for you?
Your membership shapes the future. Find the institute for you.