The manufacturing sector is at the center of a stronger, faster, and more coordinated U.S. response to COVID-19 and future pandemics. The National Technology Roadmap for Pandemic Response and Recovery—the first pandemic roadmap driven by the manufacturing sector—outlines a technology-based action plan for strengthening and accelerating U.S. pandemic response and preparedness. This roadmap informs industry, non-profit, and government organizations on how the United States can ensure longevity through intentional regulatory and deployment frameworks; optimized predictive capabilities as well as stronger data infrastructure; manufacturing and supply chain networks which drive down response time on everything from PPEs and medical workforce to vaccine development and delivery.
The webinar will review the lessons learned from COVID-19 as we begin the recovery. Multidisciplinary experts and senior leaders from the frontlines of pandemic response will review six key technical focus areas: during the webinar which include:
- Supply Chains — to ensure access to all raw materials and components needed for manufacturing
- Manufacturing — to meet demands for PPE, medical devices, therapeutics, and vaccines both rapidly and flexibly
- Deployment and Access — to ensure products and support are available when and where they are needed most
- Data Infrastructure — to help inform public health response decisions
- Predictive Capabilities — to enhance early detection and tracing, prediction of new outbreaks, prediction of prognosis, drug development, and vaccine design
- Regulatory Processes — to facilitate the accelerated approval of safe and effective medical products critical to pandemic response